Primary Purpose: As an Inside Sales Representative (ISR) you will thrive in providing customer service, sales, and account management to the Company’s customers. This position will require individuals to serve as Brand Ambassadors for the Company’s products in a way that is professional, honest, and knowledgeable. ISR’s will be the key liaison between our customers and our Company by assisting with general inquiries regarding but not limited to: pricing, products, availability of inventory, delivery and order confirmations. Works with customers to find what they want, create solutions, and ensure a smooth sales process. A successful ISR generates revenue by soliciting and obtaining orders, understanding, and interpreting technical requirements, providing technical information, and developing accounts. Some initiative must be taken at appropriate times to exercise cold calling into sales orders to help promote continued customer interest in the Company’s products.
Essential Functions (fundamental job duties):
- Meet sales goals set by Regional Business Development Manager.
- Input sales orders into the computer system in an accurate and timely manner
- Upsell or cross-sell products/services.
- Make outgoing calls to generate business through repetitive and consistent customer contact.
- Utilize the CRM and additional tools to organize, focus, measure and monitor sales compared to budget across all accounts.
- Keep abreast of best practices and promotional trends.
- Grow our business off existing customers / leads.
- Focuses sales efforts by studying existing customers.
- Support the outside sales team (Outside Sales Representative and Territory Manager) by generating leads, qualifying new customers, and maintaining a database of prospects.
- Able to process paperwork accurately and efficiently (i.e., invoicing, receiving, deposits) and perform other administrative duties.
- Fills orders by transferring orders to fulfillment, communicating expected delivery date, and explaining stock-outs.
- Answer all emails and phone inquiries in a timely manner.
- Keeping contact lists and following up with current customers to continue building relationships.
- Maintain positive account relationships.
- Continuously improve through feedback
- Follow up regularly once you have closed a deal and ensure client’s satisfaction.
- Ability to network with customers and vendors to provide material that fit the manufacturer’s needs.
Job Effort and Working Conditions:
- Open office environment in a front desk setting with own workspace.
- Set schedule based on branch hours, 8:00am-4:30 pm.
- Occasional over time as per business needs.
- ISRs are to maintain working relationships with Sales Representatives, Territory Managers and Regional Business Development Manager as they are all valuable to the service model.
- Maintain a channel of communication with the warehouse and operations staff to ensure customers have best-in-class experience from start to finish.
Qualifications and Abilities:
- A minimum of 1 years of sales experience in the building materials and/or Construction industry in a B2B setting.
- Previous experience in a Customer Service-related role.
- Reliability and good punctuality.
- Ability to drive business and obtain new clients.
- Solid computer skills in MS Office (Word and Excel).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Able to work under pressure to achieve monthly and annual goals.
- Self-motivated and driven to continuously improve and add value to the organization.
- Positive attitude and can fulfill workload as required in a team environment.
- Strong time management skills are required to enable the successful candidate to meet and achieve sales targets.
- Excellent English communication skills (written and verbal).