Primary Purpose: The Merchandiser will have a passion for design, adaptable to change and outstanding organizational skills, already possessing customer service experience. The Merchandiser will have a keen interest in design and millwork which will compliment their desire to gain working knowledge of the industry. The merchandiser will work closely with the sales and specifications teams to improve the client and customer experience by providing timely samples at their request. Monitoring inventories and organization of the samples will be pivotal in this role’s success. The Merchandiser will be reporting directly to the General Manager, BC. The Merchandiser role is offered on a part-time basis.
- Order sampling items from vendor partners based on requests from Specification Territory Manager and Outside Sales Representatives.
- Shipping out sampling items to clients on schedule according to deadlines.
Replenishment and Inventory
- Monitoring inventory and refreshing sample collections to ensure availability or overstocking does not occur.
- Updating and organization samples at client offices, showrooms and millwork shops.
- Ensure current and new sample shipments are systemized (tracking, labelling, grouping) of Formations sample stock.
Job Effort and Working Conditions:
- High level of ability to manage time, tasks, and physical space.
- Frequent travel required to client offices in Edmonton surrounding area.
- Working time will be split between in-office and traveling to client locations.
Qualifications and Abilities:
- Minimum of 1 years of experience in a similar merchandising role preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle for transport of samples to clients.
- An asset to have post-secondary in design.
- An asset in the building materials industry.
- Professional and polite demeanor.
- Strong communicator with clients and colleagues. Should be able to listen actively, understand client needs, and articulate our product and service value proposition.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office.
- Continuous hunger to acquire updated product knowledge.