Primary Purpose: The Outside Sales Representative will be a progressive role into the sales career path with the Company through demonstrated experience attaining and managing customer accounts that are both strategic and transactional (month-to-month) in nature. The Outside Sales Representative will develop new prospects and interact with existing customers to increase sales opportunities through providing a smooth sales process by leveraging their creativity and latitude, developed product knowledge and ability to build strong relationships. Outside Sales Representatives will act as a support to the Account Managers and Territory Managers for the management of complex accounts.
Essential Functions (fundamental job duties):
- Follow and contribute to the sales process and create and meet sales goals to aim at profitable results as set out by Regional Business Development Manager.
- Establish and maintain multiple accounts in their account portfolio through frequent proactive follow-ups by outgoing calls and emails.
- Understanding and analyze accounts needs by asking critical questions and identifying sales opportunities and solutions.
- Grow our business off existing customers/leads through upselling or cross selling our products.
- Create and maintain a quarterly call schedule.
- Understanding and analyze customers’ needs by asking critical questions and identifying sales opportunities and creative solutions.
- Closes new accounts and verifying information for entry into the CRM for record activities.
- Follow up regularly once deal has been closed and ensure client’s satisfaction.
- Efficiently dealing with account inquiries and complaint resolution and escalating to Senior Sales when required.
- Continuously improve and strengthen accounts through soliciting feedback.
- Stay current with product knowledge/updates from vendors, industry best practices and promotional trends and competitor presence.
- Focus strategic sales efforts through studying existing customers and providing feedback to RBDM to support ongoing market studies.
- Maintain an organized workspace and properly file documents, updates, and product information so it is readily accessible for reference and to answer questions.
- Contributes to the branch’s sales team effort by accomplishing related results as needed by Account Managers and Territory Managers for complex accounts.
Job Effort and Working Conditions:
- Coached by senior personnel in the functional area and closely managed.
- Office environment situated at own workspace at Company’s Branch.
- Occasional over time as per business needs
- Travel required to meet accounts around the assigned area.
Qualifications and Abilities:
- Minimum Highschool diploma or equivalent, preference to have post-secondary in business or wood sciences preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in attaining business from certain accounts in a B2B environment.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Strong communicator (written and verbal).
- Superior ability to influence, build rapport and be a trusted representative of the Company.
- Self-motivated and driven to continuously improve and add value to the organization.
- High sense of urgency to set and achieve monthly and annual goals.
- Ability to interpret sales data.
- Strong computer and accuracy skills are required for processing orders, ordering material, checking inventory, etc.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office, specifically Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Continuous hunger and desire to learn about the Company’s products.
- Automobile allowance
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- B2B: 1 year (required)
Willingness to travel:
- 75% (required)