Primary Purpose: Formations Senior Warehouse Associate will be a key team member responsible for actively participating in all warehouse operations. They will be experienced in day-to-day warehouse operations (i.e., workflows, order processing, inventory control, safety compliance, quality assurance, maintenance, etc.). Senior Warehouse Associate’s will report all matters to the Warehouse Foreman and provide solutions collaboratively. They will mentor warehouse associates to increase productivity and promote a healthy and safe environment. Communication, problem-solving and organization skills will be key for a successful Senior Warehouse Associate.
Essential Functions (fundamental job duties):
- Work closely with the Warehouse Foreman to implement and improve warehouse processes.
- Collaborate with other departments, such as logistics and purchasing, to optimize overall operations.
- Address and resolve any issues related to damaged or incorrect items.
- Assist in the training and development of warehouse staff.
- Delegate tasks to team members and ensure that daily activities are completed efficiently.
- Oversee the maintenance and proper use of warehouse equipment, such as forklifts and pallet jacks.
- Safely operate forklifts with carrying capacities of 8,000 – 10,000 lbs.
- Load/unload materials using a forklift, avoiding damaging products.
- Accurately pick orders, preparing them for easy transport and replenishing product as needed.
- Prepare all appropriate paperwork and ensure accuracy, including orders and waybills.
- Provide exceptional customer service with all stakeholders.
- Investigate and report any safety incidents or violations.
- Exercises best OHS practices such as daily truck inspections and observes safety driving rules.
- Assist with inventory counts.
- Accurately ship/receive outgoing/incoming products.
- Properly label and stage newly received product.
- Maintain overall cleanliness and general housekeeping of the warehouse
- Exercises good business etiquette when dealing with internal and external customers
Job Effort and Working Conditions:
- Regular operation hours are Monday-Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm. However, some overtime hours may be required.
- Flexible and able to adjust to evolving demands, schedules, and operational challenges.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
- Physical demands- loading and unloading goods up to 60 pounds.
Qualifications and Abilities:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years in warehouse, with demonstrated ability to lead and supervise a team
- Regularly required to walk; stand; sit; climb ladders with the ability to kneel, bend, squat, push, pull and reach above and below the waist.
- Self-motivated and driven to continuously improve and add value to the organization.
- Attention to detail
- Reliability and punctuality are a must.
- Working knowledge of good OH&S practices is considered an asset.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent numeracy skills required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs
- Forklift Experience