Primary Purpose: A Customer Service Representative will thrive in providing customer service, sales, and account management. The CSR’s will be the first point of contact for walk-in customers, and in a professional manner turn requests into orders. This position will require individuals to serve as Brand Ambassadors for Formations products in a way that is professional, honest, and knowledgeable. CSR’s will be the key liaison between our customers and our Company by assisting with general inquiries regarding but not limited to: pricing, products, availability of inventory, delivery and order confirmations. They will be responsible for answering inquiries by phone and email mainly. Some initiative must be taken at appropriate times to exercise cold calling into sales orders to help promote continued customer interest in Formations products. CSRs are to maintain working relationships with Sales Representatives, Account Managers, Territory Managers and Regional Business Development Managers as they are all valuable to the service model. Communication with the warehouse and operations staff is critical as well to ensure customers have best-in-class experience from start to finish.
Essential Functions (fundamental job duties):
- Meet sales goals set by Sales Director
- Follow the Company’s sales process
- Understanding customers’ needs and identifying sales opportunities
- Establishes effective relationships with the customers; based on quality products, services, and convenience.
- Efficiently dealing with customer inquiries and complaint resolution
- Handling all incoming phone sales inquiries
- Keeping up with product and service information and updates
- Input sales orders into the computer system in an accurate and timely manner
- Fills orders by transferring orders to fulfillment, communicating expected delivery date, and explaining stock-outs.
- Explaining and demonstrating features of products and services
- Closes new accounts by answering telephone, fax, and e-mail inquiries and verifying and entering information.
- Maintain an organized workspace and properly file documents, updates, and product information so it is readily accessible for reference and to answer questions.
Job Effort and Working Conditions:
- Office environment
- Set schedule based on branch hours, 8:00am-5:00pm
- Occasional over time as per business needs
Qualifications and Abilities:
- Presentation skills
- Client management skills
- Excellent selling and negotiation skills
- Self-motivated and driven to continuously improve and add value to the organization
- High sense of urgency to set and achieve monthly and annual goals
- Ability to interpret and analyze sales data
- Strong computer skills are required for processing orders, ordering material, checking inventory, etc.
- Desire to learn
- High attention to detail
- Excellent punctuality is required
- Excellent English communication skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office
- Minimum of a Highschool diploma
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Customer service: 1 year (required)
- Microsoft Office: 2 years (required)